08:30 Registration, Tea/Coffee
09:00 Welcoming Comments
- Patrick Kenny, Chairman, AFM; SVP CQG, US
- Hirander Misra, Chairman and CEO, GMEX Group
09:15 Framework Presentation: Crypto Currencies – Where are we heading? Assessment of where we are today, understanding who are the major participants and how to increase the participation. What have been the main problems encountered and how can these be avoided in the future?
- Dmitry Kaminskiy (Managing Partner of Deep Knowledge Ventures/ Humaniq)
09:45 Panel Discussion 1: Crypto Currencies – Where are we now? What are the next milestones? What is the value of this market now and in 5-10 years?
- Moderator: Mike O’Hara – Partner, The Realisation Group
Hirander Misra— Chairman and CEO, GMEX Group
Sean Kiernan – CEO, Digital Asset Group
Iman Mutlaq –Founder and CEO of INGOT Coin
Selim Fendi - CEO, USAVE Blockchain Ltd.
11:00 Coffee break
11:30 Panel Discussion 2: Regulation or Self-Regulation. Crypto has thrived by being on the fringes – discuss the likely impact on growth if it becomes subject to mainstream regulation. Is there an argument for keeping Crypto outside the mainstream? Would any of the problems encountered to date been avoidable with stronger regulation?
- Moderator: Rt. Hon. Mark Simmonds, Chairman of FinComEco
Brian Donegan – Head of Operations FinTech and Digital Development, Isle of Man
Murad Baig - Chief Innovative Officer, Nestol Technologies
Clive Furness - Managing Partner, Contango Markets
Representative of the Futures Industry Association
14:00 Panel Discussion 3: Threat to established business practices and traditional markets from blockchain-type of participants? Will blockchain disrupt / replace traditional futures markets and to what extent has the “Tokenisation” of commodities entered the markets? Discussion on the development of futures contracts initiatives on digital assets outside of regulated futures exchanges and whether there is any place for futures market networks to offer centralized services to the local crypto community.
- Moderator: Paul Constantinou, President, AFM
Mahesh Jayanarayan – CEO, EMED
Nauman Anees – CEO Thinkmarkets and ThinkCoin (TBC)
Piotr Arendarski , Chief Scientist, Blockchain Board of Derivatives
Chris Cleverly – CEO, Block Commodities and Co-Founder of FACE Blockchain
15:15 Coffee break
15:30 Case Studies for crypto or blockchain in trading, clearing or warehousing
- Case Study No. 1 on Futures Markets: AFM speaker
- Case Study No. 2 on Commodities Markets: Rory O’Brien – Project Director, FinComEco and CEO of Abrdige Consulting Partners and Kristian Moller, Agricultural Commodiy Exchange for Africa (ACE)
16:45 Wrap Up and Concluding Remarks
17:00 Workshop Concludes